In training...


Perhaps this is partly what St. Paul had in mind when he compared athletes training to win a prize to christians struggling to follow Christ?

Everytime I walk into this particular church for Sunday mass, the same man walks over to me after mass and says exactly the same thing.

"Ça doit être du sport hein? 5 enfants?" And then he repeats it, like I didn't hear the first time. "Perhaps he thinks I didn't, because mostly I now just half-smile, nod and keep walking. I get tired of this constant reminding me of a person's incedulity that I deal with 5 children. I've talked to him before, and I've told him it's not that bad, or I've told him they aren't all the same age, and the older one is obviously more of a help than a hindrance. My second one helps out quite a bit too, at home.

This has been ongoing for years, now, the only think he can think to say is the same thing, to translate litterally: it must be some sport having 5 kids. In other words, a lot of work, a lot of running around, a lot of effort. You would think that, by now, he could come up with something else to say. I see him coming and I cringe.

Everybody has something in life that they have to deal with. Whether it is an overbearing, demanding boss, quickly coming deadlines, or a bunch of active kids, there is always something. Quite frankly, I prefer the kids to the demanding boss.

Besides, I am no stranger to sport, I was on practically every sports team my highschool had. I played both basketball and volleyball through university and biked everywhere. I used to run with the YMCA in Prince George, and I've taken up soccer here. I like sports!!!

I actually enjoy the tumultous lifestyle I live, the running after kids, the driving them to soccer games and practices, the coordinating it all when 3 or 4 of us have soccer on the same night. The more challenging it gets to coordinate it all, the more fun it is! Things are never boring at my house, there is always something going on.

Of course, I don't enjoy everything about being a mother/housewife, and sometimes I get tired, but in general, I thrive on it. This is what I was meant to do. It's what I've always wanted, to be a mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving