In which I complain profusely for no reason

I know I have a few pounds to lose, but I'm not really all that overweight. If you look at my face, my shoulders, my arms, my legs... I'm really not overweight at all. But then why do I look like I have the belly of a woman 4-5 months pregnant (depending on whether it's her first or a consecutive pregnancy)? Is this the curse of the mother who has had more than two or three children, to look like she is perpetually pregnant, even when she is not?

How does one get one's uterus to go back to it's original resting place, and one's skin to smooth out and lose the deflated balloon look? Oh, I suppose bloating and gas and constipation don't help either. But as long as I am still breastfeeding, there isn't much I can do about any of that. So why is it that I have cut back enormously on deserts and sugar and pop and junk food in the past 6 or 7 years, that I play soccer twice a week, that I go jogging every once in awhile, that I am also active in other ways, such as skating in winter and swimming in summer, and I STILL have the same 10 pounds to lose? How can one have boney shoulders, slim legs and a jelly belly?

Oh, and while I am ranting and raving, what happened to my hair? I know I have fine hair and not a lot of it, but it seems to me that just a few years ago, I was able to fix it into a fuller chignon than that. What I have left is pitiful. I hope that's only because it's very layered now, because I am not quite ready yet for the short, permed style older ladies wear. Not that it wouldn't look good on me, in 40 years.

Growing old...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving