The dark


Nicky got up in the middle of the night last night (as he does every night, and I wonder why I am still lethargic?), so I put him back to bed. He crawled into his bed and made room for me to lie down beside him.

Nicky: Dark. Eat fish. Night.
Me: The dark eats fish at night?
Nicky: Yup.

This dark eats a lot of things. I never have to worry about Nicolas running outside at night, because the dark might eat him. A month or two ago he was specifically worried that the dark would eat his penis. (What can I say, he is two, the anal stage.)

I think of all my kids he is the one that has the most imagination at this age, although Gabriel came pretty close. I think I may just have to write a little story some day about "the dark". All this and he hasn't even read the book "The dark is rising" by Susan Cooper yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving