Liberalism vs conservatism

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats."


* P.J. O'Rourke

Got this quote in an e-mail today. I'm afraid I have to beg to differ... I get so tired of liberals bashing conservatives and conservatives bashing liberals. Get along people...

Both sides have some good points. Liberals certainly aren't all spoiled brats... although the more morally liberal you are, I guess the more that is true. But conservative thinking isn't all good either. I happen to be rather traditional myself, when it comes to sex, love and mariage. But surprisingly enough, when it comes to most other things, I'm actually quite liberal. So depending on which subject you choose, I may or may not fit in your camp. That's okay. I'm used to not fitting in anywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving