If I Let You In

If I let you in again, would you laugh at me then,
or would you try to understand?
Would you let me tell my story,
Or would you only want to see it your way?

Would you touch me when you spoke to me?
Would you hold my hand as we walked?
Would you touch my face and look at me,
The way you never have before?
Would you say those words you've barely ever said?
So I wouldn't have to guess anymore.

I've shut you out, I've closed the windows
Locked the door and thrown away the key.
Strangers to verbal intimacy,
Our dreams tucked safely away out of sight.

Would you just take the time to hold me?
Would you just sit in the moonlight, silent with me?
Would your eyes follow me around the room,
The way they never have before?
Would you say those words I've rarely ever heard?
So I wouldn't have to guess anymore.

If I let you into the private garden of my thoughts,
Would you find the fruit exotic and the flowers rare,
Or would you turn away, looking for some distraction?
Would you look at your watch and want to get away?

Would you think I was amazing?
Would you want me more and more?
Would you listen for the sound of my voice,
The way you never have before?
Would you make me believe those words,
The way I never have before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving