Cleaning - My favourite chore (not)

I think it is a safe guess that I will be up half the night tonight, doing housework. I was supposed to have all day to do it today, but I remembered I had to go to the CLSC to help out with weighing babies this morning, so that shot the morning to bits. Then I came home, fixed lunch and was going to do some while Nicky was still sleeping, except he woke up 5 minutes after I was done eating. Then I had to take Gabriel to the neighbour's to play with the neighbour boy, and the other kids arrived home not long after. Since then I have been mostly dealing with kids and meals and getting people places and bringing them back. With all these kids it takes me 5 times as long to do anything. I keep forgetting this.

I have managed to clean half the diningroom/kitchen and all of the livingroom upstairs. The children were supposed to do some cleaning of their own, but not that much got done. I also have another neighbour boy over for the night tonight.

It's a good thing though, that there are 7 people in this house, because at least that way, with all the birthday parties, you know that the house will be properly cleaned at least once a month (or every other month) as compared to surface cleaning only.

Although, you might point out that were I single and childless, not only would it take much less time to clean up, it would also take a much looooonger time for it to get dirty again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving