Isn't it Ironic

I always liked that song by Alanis Morissette, back when she was doing the rebel thing. (I have a bit of a rebel streak myself.)

It's funny how life can throw you one when you least expect it. Last Thursday and Friday, I must have returned 6 or 7 times to the computer repairman because the computer would work at his shop but we would come home and it wouldn't work here. Turns out two things needed replacing, the motherboard and the video card.

Friday morning, as I was preparing, once again, to return to the shop, this time with ALL the pieces of the computer, including keyboard, mouse and even the electrical plugs, to make sure that none of these things was hindering the computer in any way, I got a phone call.

Turns out we'd won a new computer.

Dominic had been selling tickets for his soccer, and we won a prize! Now that's the kind of irony I could stand to see a little more of!

We did finally get the other computer to work properly though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megamind

Sectes

Against the Unweaving