My Soccer Nightmare

Starting next week, on Mondays, Jean-Alexandre and Dominic both practice from 5:00 to 6:30, but not in the same place. It's not so bad, they're only about a 5 min drive apart. But Gabriel plays from 6:30 to 7:30. On the other side of the river. 10 mins away. I have like 0 minutes in which to get everyone into the car, get the other kid from the practice, and drive everyone to the next game. Oh for the technology of Star Trek. "Beam me over Scotty!"

Wait, I'm not done yet. Because half the time on Monday evenings, I play at 7:30. Which means that I have exactly 0 minutes in which to pile everyone back into the car and get to my own game every other week.

Then there are Thursdays. Maryssa plays in Iberville at 6:30 every Thursday. Dominic and Jean-Alexandre (once he finally gets his passport, if he ever gets it) play almost every Thursday at 7:00 in any number of cities in this area. Which often means an hour's drive to get there. And they have to be there a half hour early.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about Maryssa on Thursdays, as my neighbour will take care of her. He's going to the same place. But I still can't drive both boys to different places at the same time! I'm only one person!!! I need to find lifts for them too, escept that none of the other parents seem very enthousiastic about bringing someone else along. Sigh.

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it. Double sigh. I think when Fall comes, I will threaten them with mutiny. No recreational soccer for a whole session.... I QUIT!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving