Moose River - Cree Alias The Shihbastik

This song is from Cree Alias The Shihbastik. A guy from Moosonee. I have to laugh every time I hear the beginning, (oh heck, the whole song) because of the dialect/accent. That's Moosonee/Moose Factory for you. That's how I used to talk too... Besides, how can you not love a song that talks about hunting, the Polar Bear Express, drinking tea on the front porch, (me man) and teepees in the back yard ...

You know, there might not be a drop of Cree blood in me, but it doesn't matter. This song speaks to me of a place I used to call home. A place I still call home. It speaks to me of who I AM. I might not be the cree man providin' for his cree clan, (I don't hunt) but I can relate to pretty much everything else, including the love of nature and the outdoors, the bush and the river, "way up and way down, across the river to the base..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving