Ash Wednesday

Yesterday was Mardi Gras (Shrove Tuesday AKA Fat Tuesday) and since there is a tradition of pancakes surrounding Mardi Gras...

... we decide to have some. We also went to the grocery store, where each of the children got to choose one thing they were going to have for dinner (or as it turned out, dessert). Here we have sour candies, chocolate chip cookies, Jos Louis (chocolate cake with cream filling, by Vachon) and there was more...
Since we will be giving up sweets (except on Sundays and special days) for Lent, we decided to do it in style and make ourselves sick first.

In other news, Valentine's Day was also a very windy, snowy day. Marc and I did make it for dessert at St Hubert's Resto/Pub, but hardly anyone was there. We shoveled snow three times that day, and a good thing too, because the next day, a guy the neighbours hired to come and clear the driveway when it snows a lot, came with his huge snowblower and blew all the snow on the pond. (Aka the skating rink)

The neighbours did get someone to come with a smaller snowblower to clear the pond off, but he only did the middle and the skating surface was looking mighty small after that. Since then, I have been shovelling the sides out to remove the remaining snow. It was anywhere from 1 to 2 feet high, and 2 to 5 feet wide in spots. So it's taken me a few days. Everytime I let the dog out, I go and shovel a bit.

This morning I went out and when I quit, there was only a couple of spots about 2 by 5 feet left to shovel. At noon I went out and I noticed the air was warm and the snow was getting heavy. So now I must go and finish it all before it freezes again and I can't clear any more off! Ah, the work I do so we can go skating just a few times.

These pictures were taken the day after the snowstorm...

Here's Gabriel, playing in the snow.


Comments

  1. Cela donne envie de faire comme Gabriel : jouer dans la neige. En région parisienne, il n'a toujours pas neigé ! Et je n'ai pas le temps d'aller dans les montagnes pour faire comme Gabriel !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving