Mother's Day

I know this is a bit late, but I really haven't had much time to come and write here. We went out for supper on Mother's Day. We took my mother-in-law to a restaurant and had a couple of friends as well, who also just had a baby.

Mother's day also happened to be my birthday. In fact, 34 years ago, I was born, you guessed it, on Mother's Day.

You know, the subject of stress came up in the lovely, informative (not) preparation for Baptism that I went to on Friday. (It's a consipracy - they want to keep us in the dark ages.) The guy (who was talking about everything but baptism) was explaining about how he managed to live a stress-free life, and I leaned over to my sister and whispered: "You know, I find it ironic that, for someone who is relatively stress-free, (okay, there IS soccer, but I expect I'll eventually get used to driving everyone around like a madwoman) the place I feel the most stressed out in is at mass, when I have my five children."

Well, contrary to most parishes in Quebec, the Co-Cathedral in St-Jean seems to be (in general) an exception. Which is probably why I keep going there instead of to my own actual parish, (that and because, you know, they want us in the dark ages, or maybe rather, into New Age...). I often have older people come up to me after mass and encourage me for coming, and say what a lovely family I have, etc,...

Mother's Day was no exception. In fact, I was just turning around, to get ready to pack everyone up, when a lady came up to me and said: "C'est la fête des mères? (It's Mother's Day?)"

"Oui."

"Tiens. (Here)"

And she stuffed $30.00 into my hand and walked away!

Wow!!

And at least four other people wished me a very happy Mother's Day.

I have to see about getting the baptism in my parish switched over to the Cathedral. How can I NOT have it there now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving