As promised...

I know you've all been in suspense since I left you hanging on the 14th... (not)

As I said, Marc happened to change the channel and we caught the end of someone talking about morality. Which I happened to think rather interesting... I only caught the last 2 or 3 minutes,... too bad.

The guy who was talking quoted St-Augustine, "Love and do what you will." But then said that we do not always love truely and properly. This is where morality comes in. Morality replaces love when we do cannot feel love or cannot love truely. Morality IS love.

He mentioned such phrases as "devoir conjugal", (Conjugal duty - an old expression used in French when talking about sex between married partners.) How void and empty that must seem when it is considered no more than a duty. Obviously this "duty" is one accomplished (or should be) with love. Such is morality. Morality is no more void and dull than one's "duty" to his/her married partner.

I wish I had caught everything. I wish I knew the guy's name. If he's written any books, (and there's a good chance he has, if he was asked to talk about the subject), I'd like to read them. Unfortunately, I don't even know what the name of show he was on is called. It was a Quebecois show, and a quebecer speaking. So I guess there still is hope even in Quebec. (Okay now I'm just being hard on Quebec.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving