Medical people...

Went to see the family doctor and it turns out that he doesn't do pregnancies. So he referred me to a gynecologist who works with him, at least for the next appointment, although I said I would rather have someone closer if I'm going to have a gynecologist. His poor secretary was flabbergasted to find out I was six months pregnant and hadn't seen anyone yet, (this IS my fifth child, it's not like there's much chance of them telling me anything new now is there?) and she felt obliged to put me in tommorrow for an appointment. "You're supposed to see someone every month you know, and there are tests to take,... and..." Whatever. If the gynecologist prescribes me tests I'll tell him I'll be seeing a gynecologist here in St-Jean instead and do that with him/her instead. (And maybe I will, maybe I won't) I don't have sexually transmitted diseases, so they can never mind that test. I don't think I really need an ultrasound, it is more routine than necessary, and I can tell them right now that I do NOT have gestational diabetes, I would KNOW if I had something like that. I would not be feeling good. So what other tests are there? He can listen to the baby's heart, that's fine, that way we'll know that he has a heart and if it is beating properly... (what are the chances of the contrary? This baby is just as active as the others, I take that to be a good sign.)

I feel like my pregnancy has suddenly gotten out of my control and other people are trying to take control. I am going to take back control. None of this even means I will still show up at the hospital in time to give birth there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving