Quintzees

Maryssa
Went outside this afternoon to finish digging out the quintzee outside. Quintzee is the Cree word for the snow shelter they make...
Gabriel
The difference between a quintzee and an igloo is that a quintzee is dug out of a pile of snow, and an igloo is made of blocks carved out of the snow and piled up to fit together perfectly...
Jean-Alexandre and Dominic
A snowfort in other words...

Anyway, this one room is done, and I am digging out another one, and eventually I hope to have a tunnel linking the two.
"Sleeping"
We used to do this when I was young... and had great fun especially at night running around with flashlights in the dark and crawling through tunnels... I am hoping my kids will appreciate this as much...
Gabriel
Got my workout this afternoon!! Shovelling snow is hard work! Snow is heavy!!!

Kids in the snow fort

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving