The Lost Island (from Juana la Cubana)

I live in a metaphorical world. I am Juana la Cubana of the Lost Island, where everything has a hidden meaning.

I used to be the woman lost in the infinite space of a grain of salt, but that was a long time ago, before I knew Aquaman. Aquaman comes to visit me on my island and accepts to dance with me even though he says he dances like a log, or a piece of wood. I used to talk to the Man-Who-Eats-Pencils back in the infinite space of a grain of salt, but I no longer go there, and the Man-Who-Eats-Pencils has died of lead poisoning.

There are trees on my island, there are mountains too, that I like to climb, and I can see the entire island from the highest point. There are a few valleys, but they are small and far apart, mostly I roam at sea level and I dance in the rain with Aquaman, when he comes. We dance salsa and then we jump around like Brazilians. I also sit in the shade of the Coconut tree and talk for hours with the Gypsy Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving