From Hi5 - September 13, 2004

I am planning Dominic's birthday party, and a Halloween party and I will have to squeeze in a little party for Gabriel too, and somehow manage to do something for Marc...

Anyway, Dominic's birthday is the 25th of September, that is what I am planning right now...

He wants a Bionicle pinata, so I really have to get started on that tommorrow.

Gabriel's birthday is the 26th of October, Marc's is the 27th and the Halloween Party is the 29th!!! So I guess that week I'll be pretty busy!! I think we'll just do a three-in-one...

For my Halloween Party, I am doing a Lord of the Rings theme. I want to decorate my kitchen/diningroom and livingroom as the dining Hall of the Prancing Pony in Bree and just invite people to come dressed as the race of their choice.

I will have to find some little tables or make some so we can have a few little tables around the floor instead of just one big family table.

Well, that is pretty much what is going on in my little life right now, besides all the painting that I am STILL doing! (the entry and Gabriels' room and I haven't even started the bathroom downstairs yet nor the living room and the second part of the bathroom upstairs still needs to be done too!! ACCCCKKKKK!!)

Plus I am also working quite a bit with Dominic to help him learn his alphabet properly... He can recite it fine, but he doesn't recognize all the letters yet, I thought they would start by revising that in school like Jean-Alexandre did in grade one but I was mistaken... here they jump right into memorizing words, right away... I hate that method,... I wish they were doing the phonetic method, it would be much better... I still have to teach Dominic how to sound out the words myself anyway, only now he's getting the basics and the more advanced all in one shot instead of moving from basics to more advanced! It's like all mixed up! I wonder how many other kids in his class didn't know all their letters properly yet either? If only I had known, I would have worked with him all summer to learn his letters and also some of the basic syllables so he would have been more ahead when he started this fall... GRRRRR I feel like I wasted a whole summer...

Poor kid, now he probably feels really pressured to learn all this stuff instead of learning it all at a more relaxed pace... I'm trying to turn it into a game,... today he got pieces of candy for letters he got right... He's doing much better at recognizing letters tahn he was a couple of weeks ago! I just wish that that was all he had to concentrate on!

Well, it's already midnight, so I have to get going,... I need my beauty sleep... hee hee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sectes

Megamind

Against the Unweaving